Friday, October 4, 2013

My thoughts of the week. Blog for October 11th, 2013

As I sit in my dorm room and start to think about my week it's nice to be able to say that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Normally my weeks are very hard and extremely stressful, but lately it seems like everything has been going smoothly. It's like life has started to slow down and allow me to feel somewhat confident in the work I do here at Virginia Tech.

Looking back on my week I would have to say that the best thing about it would have been attending the J.Cole and Wale concert. Even though the concert lasted way longer than I thought it was still a lot of fun to be able to dress up and go out with friends. The concert was held in Burruss Hall and let me tell you concerts in Burruss are a lot of fun! The best thing about attending a concert at Burruss is how big the room is. The room was able to fit in my opinion probably 500 people, which is a lot. Also it seemed like no matter where you sat you were able to see the performers from every corner of the stage. The only negative thing that happened during the concert was how hot it got with all the people. With over 500 hundred people sweating and breathing heavy, the room temperature really rose. The second and last negative thing would have to be people stealing your seats. I witnessed at least six different people trying to steal someone else's seats and some even got away with it. I really suggest that everyone go out and attend at least one concert at Burruss before they graduate from Virginia Tech, it's truly a ton of fun and worth any amount of money you have to pay!

Another wonderful thing about my week was that I have finally figured out a way to stay ahead with all of my homework. I have been trying my best to do everything and rushing to get it done, but I just now realized that the best thing to do is set aside a couple hours a day and really focus on what needs to be done, which means no twitter, Facebook, YouTube or texting. Just me and my laptop. Hardcore focusing on everything I need to do gives me more time to relax and less time to stress and worry about falling behind.

It seemed like this week was easier in many ways, I  felt like I had enough time to do everything and not feel rushed, which is always an amazing feeling to any college student. As the week ended I was lucky enough to have finish most of my lab homework, allowing me to have a free Thursday night where I could relax and watch my favorite TV show. As for the weekend I plan to attend the Virginia Tech vs. UNC game and try to enjoy a relaxing/stress free weekend! I think attending the game will be a ton of fun and I really am excited to see how well VT performs! I hope everyone else had an amazing week and I cant wait to see you all at the game tomorrow! Go hokies!

1 comment:

  1. I had one of those weeks too! Not many assignments or tests or quizzes! I need to do what you are doing now with homework and not be distracted while doing it! It might help me a lot!

    ReplyDelete