Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Best Friends

Looking back at all of the friends that I have ever had its easy to say that I've had three best friends who have meant the world to me. The first would be my best friend Ashlyn from elementary school, my second would be my boyfriend Cole, and my third would be my best friend from high school Callie. Each one of my best friends has impacted my life in so many ways and without them I wouldn't be the person I am today.

The first time I met Ashlyn was in fourth grade, I remember thinking wow this girl is really nice and full of energy. After that day we were always together. She would always spend every weekend at my house and same at hers. Everyone knew that whenever I was that Ashlyn would be there too. Having Ashlyn in my life was what taught me the true meaning of a best friend. After fourth grade, she ended up moving to Tennessee with her mother, I was literally so  scared that we would lose touch, but somehow we didn't. Even though she was six hours away from me we still called and every summer she would come stay with me, this lasted up until the summer before sophomore year. It was really nice being able to grow up from childhood to now with her! Its nice to know that no matter where we go in life that she'll always be by my side.
(This picture was us in fourth grade, we had a problem with wearing weird matching shirts!)

Looking back on my friendship and relationship with Cole, its so nice knowing that hes always been around since freshman year! The first time I ever met him was my freshman year at a cross country race! Ever since then hes always been in my life. We've had so many great times together and we've also made so many amazing memories. Having Cole in my life makes me feel so lucky. I believe that if you can have a boyfriend who is also your best friend then that relationship is bound to be work out and be long term. Cole and I have been dating for 15 perfect months, and since then he's made me extremely happy! Its so amazing having someone to share things to, be goofy with and have by your side!

(Cute prom picture with Cole)

Lastly, looking back at my high school years its a great feeling being able to know that my best friend Callie was by my side! After meeting her sophomore year, we instantly hit it off and ever since that day in Math analysis we have been best friends. We both played softball and are super goofy with each other. Whenever I am around Callie I can act weird and its totally normal. Callie is the type of best friend that knows actually when I'm upset. We've had so many great memories from randomly getting strands of pink/purple in our hair, to almost failing high school Chem because we couldn't stop talking. It's very nice knowing that my friendship with Callie gets to continue for the next four years, since we are both Hokies!
(The picture above is the day that we randomly decided to go get one strand of pink and purple in our hair.)

I believe that it's best to go throughout life with three or four close best friends than have a dozen fake friends. As I continue to grow, I truly hope that all three of these wonderful people will be by my side because life without them would certainly be very hard!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you in the fact that quality is better than quantity, especially with friends! I would much rather have a couple best friends then a bunch of fake friends!

    ReplyDelete