Monday, October 28, 2013

High School Memories!

As I scroll through my Facebook pictures, I can't help but smile and chuckle at almost all of them. Looking back at high school, it's nice to say that I made a lot of memories that I will always keep with me. I thought for my blog it would be a good time to just reminisce on the days where my only worries were playing softball, enjoying lunch with friends and goofing off while still being able to pass. These days were called high school. Even though I just made it seem like I was a bad kid in school thats untrue, it was just much easier to get by in high school and still have fun.

 The first picture that I scrolled to was the Skyline vs. Warren Country game. Just rethinking about that day still makes me nervous. With being seniors nobody ever wants to lose to their rival school. This game was probably funnest and most competitive game that I have ever played. The game started off at 5 pm and while warming up it started pouring down raining. I remember both my team and Skyline's team having to run beside each other, throw and stretch next each other. The funny part of having to do that was making the it a race. You could tell Skyline was trying to run faster, throw harder, and yell louder, which only made us to do the same BUT better. In the picture you see my team lined up on the home side (third base line) while Skyline is on the visitors side. Just looking at this picture can bring a million emotions and thoughts.

Another picture that I helped to scroll by were my senior prom pictures. It's so sad to know that I will never have to spend hours and hours trying to find the perfect dress or spending a ton of money on my hair or makeup. I would have to say that prom was amazing! It was a lot of fun to be able to go with a group of friends and just enjoy the last big thing of high school. When I think of my senior prom I basically remember everything that happened, however telling you all everything would just be too much, so instead I'm gonna tell you my favorite parts and least favorite part of the night. My favorite part of the night was basically everything. I had an amazing date, a good group, the music was amazing and just going to Denny's and watching a movie after prom with my date was a lot of fun. Even though I had a ton of favorite parts about the night there is one part that I did not like. It was going to the restaurant that we had made reservations for three weeks before prom, only to get told that one of the hostess erased our names! The first thing we did was get really mad and then we ended up having to wait more thirty minutes until the manager said we could have two tables to fit the group! (Good thing!) These prom pictures bring back a lot of memories that I wish I could relive, however even though I cant it's still nice to be able to reminisce over them.

The great and magical thing about pictures is that they never change. You can always go back and be reminded of a thousand memories that you may have forgotten. It makes me so happy to look at these pictures and know that I had the time of my life.



2 comments:

  1. I love how nostalgic you are in this blog. It was fun to read about your prom experience and also the two pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awful how you guys got erased! I was a hostess at a restaurant and I could never imagine that happening!

    ReplyDelete